CompleteMe organises events as a platform for singles in Singapore to connect with each other.
The services (“Services”) provided are:
1 .Events/ Activities and
There are no guarantees of a successful relationship or marriage.
To utilise the CompleteMe’s Services, you must sign up as a member at our Website and agree to be bounded by this policy (“Policy”). Upon completion of your online registration, your membership will be activated and you have entered into a legally binding contract for the provision of our Services.
We may change, modify, add, or delete portions of the Policy from time to time and such changes shall be effective upon posting on the Website. You would be informed of the changes via the email provided.
If you do not agree to the updated Policy, you may terminate your use of the Services by notifying us that you wish to terminate your account. By continuing to use the Services, it will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of the changes to the Policy.
If any part of this Policy is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Policy shall continue in effect.
This Policy shall be governed, construed and applied in accordance with Singaporean law, and in the event of dispute as to the meaning of a term or provision of this Policy the language of interpretation shall be English.
Marketing, Advertising and Sales Tactics
You are our valued member hence we will
a. maintain the highest standard of truthfulness and accuracy in all advertising, promotions and marketing communication materials.
b. not make any false or unsubstantiated claims on our ability to find compatible matches for clients.
c. not engage in pressure sales tactics or coerce clients to make the purchase decision hastily. You will not be pressured into procuring any dating service.
We understand the Singapore Code of Advertising Practice (SCAP) and ensure that we comply fully with the requirements.
We also understand the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading Act) CPFTA and ensure that we comply fully with the requirements.
– Legal Age: Singles who register must be of minimum age of 21 years at the time of registration. We reserve the right to request proof of age to verify the age.
– Marital Status: Singles who register must declare and warrant that you are not married. If you are separated, but not yet legally divorced, you may not register as a member.
Disclaimer of Liability
We are not liable to the members, who
a. utilise the Website
b. utilise the group on Facebook – Singapore Facebook Singles (https://www.facebook.com/groups/18949724555)
c. participate in the events, activities and/or workshops,
for the conduct of or information provided by the other members of CompleteMe. We are also not responsible for any loss and/ or damage to a person, arising out of the use of the above mentioned. The members acknowledge that they assume all risk and/ or responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of the above mentioned.
As a member, you will
(a) be solely responsible for your conduct and for the information you provide to us or transmit to other members.
(b) not transmit to other members, our staff and/ or the general public any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, religiously offensive, illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates other members’ or our staff or our rights (including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity).
(c) use the Website for the personal use of yourself only. Organizations, companies, and/ or businesses may not become members and should not use the website for any purpose. Illegal and/ or unauthorised uses of the website, including collecting information of members by electronic or other means will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
(d) use our Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
(e) not impersonate any person or entity.
(g) agree to pay, hold harmless and defend us in the claim or action, in the event that a claim or action is brought against us from your use of the Services, including any breach by you of this Policy or any charges or complaints made by other parties against you.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other CompleteMe’s members. We reserve the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members.
Provision of Information
To fully utilise the Website, you would need to provide personal information such as your name, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, marital status and identification number. We may use the contact information to contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of new events, activities, workshops or promotions which we may offer. Your identification number will be used to verify your marital status with Registry of Marriages Singapore. If you are a divorcee, we would require you to produce your Certificate of Making Interim Judgment Final (“Final Judgment”). If you are a widow/ widower, we would require you to produce the death certificate of your deceased spouse. Information provided to us, unless required by applicable legislation, we will not provide this information to a third party without your permission.
Disclosure of Information
Personal information such as email address, telephone number, birth date and identification number would never be published or disclosed to other members/ persons without your permission.
Accuracy of Information
As a user of our Services, it is your responsibility to
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself upon registration
(b) maintain and promptly update the registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Should you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your membership and bar you from events, activities and workshops, without compensation.
(c) We reserve the right to do any background or marital status checks on you.
You must choose a user ID and password upon registration. The password can be changed at any point in time under Profile.
You may only have one account. Should you open more than one account, under your own name or under any other name, or should you use the Website by means of any other person’s account, we have the rights to close all your accounts and bar you from future use of the Website.
– be responsible for all actions taken under that user ID and password.
– utilise the Website using your own user ID and password only.
– keep your password safe and should not disclose it to any other person.
– ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
– exercise caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
– notify us, should you discover that there is any unauthorised use of your user ID and password or any other breach of security.
We are not responsible or liable for any losses and/ or damages you suffer as a result of your disclosure, be it on purpose or by accident, of your user ID and password to anyone else.
Content posted on Website and Facebook groups
We may review and delete any content posted by you on the above mentioned that in the sole judgment of us which might be defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, religiously offensive, illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of other members.
We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the web pages and terminating the membership of such violators.
We may use your information to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as targeted advertisements and newsletters relevant to your use of the Services. By the use of this Website, you expressly agree to receive this information.
Information may be placed on your computer to allow us to identify you and understand your interests. This information is commonly known as “cookies”. Information gathered would be purely for the use of improving our Services. If you do not wish to receive cookies, or want to be notified of when they are placed, you may set your web browser to do so, if your browser so permits.
We own and retain all intellectual property in the Website. You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, reproduce, license, create derivative works from, transfer display, or sell or re-sell any such intellectual property or proprietary information, without written permission sought from us.
We may provide aggregate statistics about members, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Receipt of Newsletter
We will send out newsletters via email on a regular basis and you can choose to opt out. Every newsletter will contain an opt-out option, or unsubscribe function. You can send us an email to us informing us that you would like to unsubscribe the newsletter.
Access to Other Websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites which are not owned or maintained by us.
We are not responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any loss and/ or damages arising from access to those websites. You shall use the hyperlinks at your own risk.
– ensure that the Website is functioning normally 24 hours a day.
We will not
– ensure that the contents available through the Website or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that the Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
– check whether members are using the Website in accordance with the terms and conditions. Should there be any members who violate the terms and conditions, we may, in its sole discretion, decide to take appropriate action against any member, though we are not obligated in any manner to do so.
Events/ Activities/ Workshops
1. Only members are allowed to register for our events, activities and/ or workshops.
2. Membership is free and to register as a member, you can do so at http://www.completeme.com.sg
3. Event registrations and payments are based on first-come-first-serve basis and must be made via the Website.
4. Prior registrations and payments are compulsory. Confirmations of seats are upon payments made.
5. No walk-ins will be entertained.
6. No refund will be made for non-attendance but a replacement of the same gender is allowed for the same event.
7. We reserve the rights to reject any payment / participants.
8. We will not be held liable or responsible in any way for any occurrence at the event/ activity/ workshop which may result in personal injury, property damage or loss, wrongful death or other damages to the members that may occur as a result of their participation in the event/ activity/ workshop or as a result of the negligence of any party, including us, whether active or passive.
9. Due to unexpected circumstances, the event’s/ activity’s/ workshop’s programme, venue, timing, date, group size, costs and conditions are subject to change at any point of time. Full refund will be made if events are cancelled by us.
Payments are made via PayPal on CompleteMe.com.sg. Members are to use PayPal at their own risk. We are not responsible or liable for any losses and/ or damages you suffer as a result of utilising PayPal.
Cooling-off/ Refund Policy
Event’s closing date is 7 days prior to date of event. All registration and payment must be made by then.
1. After payment is made and you discovered that you cannot attend the event, you are to inform the organizer at least 7 days or more prior to event date. A full refund, after a deduction of $10 administration fee, will be given to you.
2. When payment is made and the event is cancelled by us, full refund will be given back.
3. There is a cooling-off period of 3 days from the date of payment. A full refund, after a deduction of $10 administration fee, will be given to you.
4. No Refund will be given:
o No-show for events.
o No refund will be given for any cancellation of registration in less than 7 days to the event date.
After receiving the complaint from you, the following steps will be taken.
Step 1: Identify Dispute
The Agency/ Practitioner receives the client’s complaint via telephone/ email.
Step 2: Resolve to Settlement
The Agency/ Practitioner will respond and try to resolve the complaint with the client within 3 working days. If the investigation into the complaint cannot be completed within 3 working days, the Agency/ Practitioner will send a written acknowledgement to the client, indicating the agreed timeframe with client to resolve the dispute.
Step 3: Seek Help from Independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Body
If the dispute remains unresolved, SDN will direct the parties to an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) body, such as the Small Claims Tribunal, Singapore Mediation Centre or CASE.